Private Sector for Aid&Relief
A program that aim to raise the Private Sector awareness and participation in Humanitarian Aid&Relief.
Private Sector for Aid Innovations
This program aims to create an Innovation platform that join the Private Sector and Aid&Relief Organisations in sharing experiences, practises and in starting new initiatives.
Young Generation Awareness
A dedicated program for raising Chinese students awareness and involvement in Humanitarian Aid&Relief.
Program Milestones (Public)
- Dec 2017 - Integrated procurement notices from UNPD into the IACO WeChat platform.
- Dec 2017 - Integrated news on SDGs related innovations into the IACO WeChat platform.
At the very early stage of the initiative, the active engagement and participation of students in the project was seen as fundamental to its success. This philosophy guided the initial launch and the gradual shift from IACO-directed to student-driven with IACO support over time. In August 2016, a Student Advisory Committee was formed, including at least 60% of the students with international academic curricula. The student committee provides suggestions and requirements to address the project to suit the students needs and expectations. The committee is also committed to finding models for expanding student participation, especially through the use of videos, social media and experience sharing.
- May 2017 - First "Working in UN System" Seminar @ Fudan University Shanghai
- Jun 2017 - IACO is expanding its infrastructure to host dedicated Big Data for this program to provide accessible information services
- Aug 2017 - WeChat has been chosen as platform for information sharing
- Jan 2018 - IACO WeChat platform hit 2000 followers
- Mar 2018 - "Working in UN System" Seminar @ University of Nottingham Ningbo